PHILADELPHIA AREA ONLINE BURIAL RECORDS
• Montefiore Cemetery Co., 600 Church Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046
• Mt. Sinai Cemetery, 1901 Bridge Street, Phila., PA
• West Laurel Hill Cemetery, 225 Belmont Ave., Bala Cynwyd, PA
• Gladwyne Jewish Memorial Cemetery (Har Hasetim)
PHILADELPHIA AREA CEMETERY RECORDS
The Jewish Genealogical and Archival Society of Greater Philadelphia (JGASGP) in coordination with several cemeteries, is proud to share these databases with the public.
For each cemetery, there are two files, one sorted alphabetically, and one sorted by burial plot. When you find the person for whom you are searching in the alphabetical file, please note the plot location. This will enable you to search the plot file to see who is buried near your person of interest.
In some cases, there is incorrect data in the data fields, such as a person being 164 years old. There are inconsistencies, errors, misspellings, blank fields and “question marks” in the data that we cannot fix. Please note, JGASGP and its volunteers are not responsible for any errors in these databases.
For more information, or to verify a burial plot, please direct inquiries to the appropriate cemetery, not the JGASGP.
- Har Nebo Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA (New, 2020) If you have any questions, contact Har Nebo Cemetery at 215-535-1530 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mount Carmel Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA (Updated 2020)
New Jersey: updated 2013
- Beth Kehillah Cemetery, Egg Harbor Township
- Rodef Sholom Cemetery, Egg Harbor Township
Goldsteins’ Rosenberg’s Raphael-Sacks, the Philadelphia Jewish funeral home, has donated information on Philadelphia area burial sites.
Landsmanshaftn organizations aided Jewish immigrants coming from Europe to America. Among other things, these organizations included Jewish burial societies which, as a benefit of membership, provided subsidized burials. Goldstein’s has donated their information to the JGASGP.
If you know the name of the Landsmanshaftn but do not know which cemetery(s) they dealt with, select “by organization”. If you are interested in a cemetery’s connection with Landsmanshaftn, select “by cemetery”. Some of the Landsmanshaftn were associated with UJO which are shown in the “by group” file.
This data can be viewed in three ways: